This page provides information about what happens when an OMEGS member passes away. To pay out the death benefit from the Old Mutual SuperFund Pension Fund, the SuperFund Trustees must make sure that all the people who depended on the member are fairly considered and protected. They must try to identify everyone who depended on the member for financial support, all dependants, and anyone whom the member had a legal responsibility to support. They need to understand how each person relied financially on the deceased member.
You can watch a short VIDEO CLIP to better understand the death claims process.
Please read the following OVERVIEW OF THE DEATH CLAIMS PROCESS and the forms to be filled in. It is important to read this document before you start completing the forms.
The forms that you may need to use are as follows:
- Claim Form 1: About the Deceased
- Claim Form 2: About the Spouse/Life Partner/Ex-spouse/Guardian
- Claim Form 3: About Any Children
- Claim Form 4: Any Other Financial Dependants
- Claim Form 5: Dependants Who Do Not Wish to Claim
- Claim Form 6: About the Employer
- Claim Form 7: Police Report on Unnatural Deaths
- Claim Form 8: Confirmation of dependants by a 3rd party